Thursday, September 6, 2007

The beginning.

Like many others that I know, I'm now taking the plunge into the world of blogspot. I used to have a blog here through my school group of friends, but I let it lapse. I am hoping I don't do the same with this one, but what can you do?

I don't have much to say today, after the day I had yesterday. Yesterday, my whole world changed. I found out that I have Type II Diabetes. It was quite a punch in the stomach, to say the least. They also told me that my LFTs (liver function tests) were elevated, so I have to hae a stupid ultrasound of my abdomen next Thursday. The kicker to that is, I have to fast for six hours prior to the test. SIX HOURS. My appointment is at 1:30 pm!! Which means after 7:30 am, I cannot have anything to eat OR drink for six hours! I don't know how I'm going to do this, I told her I was just diagnosed with Diabetes, and she said she could try to get me in sooner, but there was nothing. I have to have the test before my follow up with the doctor on the 19th. I feel really apprehensive and kind of scared, but I'm trying to rely on God, and not worry about it. It's hard, but most of the time I can stay pretty distracted and focus on good things.

We are having some friends over for dinner tonight, which is good, though I'm feeling slightly stressed about it. It should be fine, though. I'm making this awesome chicken called Anniversary Chicken. It's only got 6.9 grams of carbs per serving!! Yep, gotta check the carb count on everything now. I'll probably make a big salad, too, to have with it, so I don't feel so deprived.

Well, I better get to prepping the things I need and get showered and ready. I just wanted to make my very first post.

Have a good one.
-Me

No comments: